What better way to add shine and elegance to your outfits than with a brooch.
A brooch gives a lot of information about you and your personality. That's why wearing a cat brooch shows your love for cats and what they stand for.
A brooch is a piece of jewelry that is attached to clothing for aesthetic purposes. It is a mainly feminine jewel. It is generally composed of two parts, the decorative part that is placed forward and the hidden fastening behind (often in safety pin) that is fixed on it either by gluing or welding.
It is an object of variable size, material and shape even if the method of attachment (usually metal) often remains similar from one pin to another.
The ancestor of the pin is the fibula and the first ones date back to the Bronze Age. It is an object often realized in creative leisure. Conversely, it is also a jewelry object that can be made of precious metal (gold or silver) and decorated with precious or semi-precious stones.
Brooches were an important symbol for the wearer, as well as his class and ethnicity. It was a very strong symbol of nobility. Over the years and especially from the 18th century onwards, it became very popular to wear brooches in the hair as an expression of mourning. Later, portraits were introduced in brooches as a souvenir.
What is a cat brooch?
A cat brooch is a brooch that represents a cat.
- It is a fashion accessory that attaches to clothes with a rotating clasp and essentially aesthetic ;
- It is a jewel that is mainly intended for women, however there are brooches for men;
- It is generally worn on clothing: on dresses, t-shirts, shirts, jackets, hats, sweaters, etc..
- It is made from various materials such as feathers, shells, ceramics, metals, Swarovski crystals,...
- There is almost no size limit. They can vary from tiny to very large. The fixing method will generally remain the same from one pin to another.
What are the different cat brooch?
There is a wide variety of cat brooch to fit all your outfits. Below is a non-exhaustive list of cat brooch :
- Vintage cat brooch: This is a brooch that seems to date from a relatively old time.
- Acrylic cat brooch : This is a brooch made from acrylic.
- Sterling silver cat brooch: This is a 925 sterling silver brooch representing a cat.
- Celtic cat brooch: These are brooches or pins of Celtic type.
- Art deco silver cat brooch : This is an art deco style brooch.
- Gold cat brooch : These are brooches representing cats in gold or gold color.
- Antic cat brooch : This is an antique style cat brooch.
- Black and white cat brooch : This is a brooch representing our feline friend in black and white. It will add elegance to your clothes.
- Cat and mouse brooch : It's a funny brooch representing a cat and a mouse together.
- Siamese cat brooch : This is a brooch representing a Siamese cat.
Where to wear a cat brooch?
At certain times, brooches were an indispensable jewel. Today, this jewel is mainly used as a fashionable and trendy accessory. They were originally adorned with beautiful and very expensive gemstones. More and more brooches can be found at very interesting and attractive prices. There is something for every style: romantic, vintage, rock, animal ... everyone can find something that suits him.
During the day (at the office)
You can wear the cat brooch on your shirt, blazer, t-shirt Choose a cat brooch with original shapes that will stand out from the others Whether it is a colored brooch or with rhinestones, it is important to choose your outfit (plain or two-tone) Always choose a model that you like and that suits you best.
Business meeting or appointment
For business meetings, a small elegant brooch will be perfect. It is advisable to attach it to a top pocket or lapel of your jacket.
In the evening or at a party
Do you like to party, go out, dance? Then take the opportunity to put a little trend to your outfit. Wear the accessory directly on your clothes but also on your evening bag. A colored brooch will work very well in the dark. Avoid brooches that have millions of gemstones. As with daywear, it is best to overload your outfit with other jewelry. This accessory can fit with a large part of your wardrobe.
The cat brooch can be worn on your clothes in many places or occasions.
How to wear a brooch without damaging it
Wearing a brooch enhances you while showing your elegance and what you like. The problem is that pins can be easily scratched or damaged. Because of its importance, it is important to wear it without damaging it.
Do not use glue
Many people use pins with glue. However, glue is not an option. If you use high quality glue that lasts for a long time, you will find it difficult to remove your spindle after use without damaging it. It is therefore important to avoid this method of fixing.
Use a magnetic pin
The last few years have seen the appearance of new magnetic pins. They can be put on any garment without damaging or piercing it. You will just have one magnet and another one that has to be placed under the fabric. Thanks to the magnetism, both magnets will keep your cat brooch safe and you won't have to worry about losing it.
People use it for events such as weddings or fashionable dresses.
In addition, your garment will retain its value in the long run because it will not be pierced. This accessory fits many outfits, it can be a casual dress of a jacket or other.
Add it in the right place
It's always better to know where to place your cat brooch. Usually it is placed just above the heart or around it. This choice is made for a simple reason, you will have it close by and there will be less chance that you will damage it.
For large brooches, it is important to place it correctly to avoid any snagging.
Some brooches can also be worn on a necklace.
The cat brooch is a jewelry to offer to true cat lovers.